Real talk: goal setting can be a real pain sometimes.
Yes, goal setting is a powerful, life-changing tool that can help us achieve our dreams, but it’s not always sunshine and rainbows.
Sometimes we set ourselves up for failure, sometimes there are motivation issues, and sometimes, frankly, life just gets in the way. The road to success is riddled with potholes, setbacks, obstacles, and disappointment. There’s nothing we can do about that.
We can, however, learn how to overcome those setbacks and obstacles. In fact, how we deal with disappointment is one of the biggest predictors of our ability to achieve success.
That’s why this episode of the Daily New Years Podcast provides 5 simple strategies for overcoming setbacks and obstacles. It’s a short episode, but it packs a punch.
Are you going to succumb to the setbacks and throw in the towel, or are you going to keep Crushing Your Goals?
Dive in today!
- A Personal Story About Overcoming Setbacks – [00:54]
- 1. Obstacles are Only Failures if They Cause You to Quit – [04:26]
- 2. Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best – [05:52]
- 3. Limit Your Disappointment – [07:52]
- 4. If at First You Don’t Succeed… – [10:57]
- 5. Goals Aren’t About Being Perfect – [12:30]
- Become an Overcomer – [14:40]
Quotes from this Episode
“Successful people didn’t become successful by avoiding obstacles; they become successful by learning to expect setbacks so that they can face them head-on.” —Austin Bollinger
“Goals aren’t about being perfect; they’are about being better than you were.” —Elyse Lyons
People Mentioned in this Episode
- John C. Maxwell
- The Honorable Young Men’s Club in Cape Girardeau