Hey, what’s going on, Goal Getters? You ready for another exhilarating episode of the Daily New Year’s podcast?
Exhilarating is a strong word, but I practically guarantee that this episode lives up to the hype. Today I’m connecting with Dai Manuel, a fitness coach affectionately known to his clients and friends as, “The Moose or Coach Moose.”
You may not be able to tell from his super jacked photo, but Dai suffered from obesity as a child. But, at the age of 15, he decided to start harnessing the power of choice. His mom and dad bought him a mountain bike, he started moving with purpose, and the rest is history.
Dai walks his talk every day. He worked hard, got fit and healthy, and he’s been helping people do the same ever since.
He’s passionate about engaging and challenging people to live healthier, more active lifestyles through his group fitness sessions, keynote speeches, one-on-one coaching, and more and he joins us now from Canada.
Get ready for some energy, because he’s bringing in this episode of the podcast. Let’s go!
- Getting to Know Dai Manuel and his Journey from Childhood Obesity to Fitness – [02:19]
- The Relationship Between Health and Happiness – [06:21]
- Finding Energy and Reward in the Workout Itself – [08:38]
- How Dai Got Started in Spite of Feeling Self-Conscious – [09:41]
- Finding Power in the Little, Daily Things – [11:25]
- Improve Your Fitness by Moving with Purpose Every Day – [15:01]
- Progression over Regression; There is No Standing Still – [16:50]
- Fitness is a Lifestyle. The Power of Choice – [20:02]
- Finding Motivations that Pull You Towards Long-Term Fitness – [21:56]
- Building Your Life on a Foundation of Health – [24:40]
- Advice for Folks Who Dislike or Hate Working Out (Sitting on a Nail) – [26:55]
- Dai’s Story of Ditching Alcohol – [30:26]
- Own Your Decisions and Forgo the Guilt and Shame – [36:08]
- How Positive Changes in Your Life Improve Your Confidence – [38:17]
- External Motivators vs. Inner Growth and Personal Development – [40:18]
- The Perpetual Engine of a Rewards-Based Confidence Boost – [41:41]
- Get Into Fitness without Creating Another Full-Time Job – [43:18]
- Progression Over Perfection, The Importance of Consistency – [49:03]
- How to Bounce Back from Failed Resolutions – [51:08]
- Improve Your Life with the Whole Life Fitness Manifesto – [53:03]
- When You’re Looking for Change, Accept the Unexpected – [55:55]
- Connect with Your Why, The How and What Will Come – [56:42]
- Understanding the Two Types of Motivation – [59:14]
- Dai’s One Action You Should Try Today – [59:48]
- The Mantra Dai Lives By – [01:03:06]
- Connecting with Dai Manuel – [01:05:29]
About Dai Manuel
“Dai is a super dad, dating his wife, with a lead-by-example way of living and a contagious personality, who is on a mission to positively impact one million role models around the globe to lead a FUN-ctionally fit life through education, encouragement, and community.
He is an award-winning digital thought leader and author, Distinguished Toastmaster & keynote speaker, former partner and Chief Operating Officer of a multi-million dollar retail company, and a sought after lifestyle mentor and executive performance coach.
Dai knows the struggle of the juggle and keeping his health and happiness a priority. He models his work based on 5 F’s: Fitness, Family, Faith, and Finances with an overarching roof of FUN, built on a rock-solid foundation of Health. Nuggets of wisdom and inspiration to take action to be your best self are guaranteed when you connect with Dai!”
Gifts and Programs from Dai
- The Whole Life Fitness Manifesto
- Join the free 28-day Whole Life Fitness Manifesto program and learn how to maximize your body, mind, and spirit in 30 minutes a day.
- 5 Day Sugar Detox Resource & Challenge
- Ultimate resource (no sign up required)
- The 99 Bodyweight Workout Guide
- How to Develop a Positive Mindset www.daimanuel.com/positive-mindset
My First 10 Clients Blueprint
Quotes from this Episode
“Whatever life you want, has to be built on a foundation of health.” —Dai Manuel
“When the pain of not changing hurts more than the pain of actually going through the changes itself, you know it’s time for a change.” —Dai Manuel
“Don’t worry so much about the start/stop/continue. ‘Cause it’s just the way life operates—it’s gonna happen. It just happens that you did it at a time of year when everybody does it.” —Dai Manuel in response to a qusestion about bouncing back from a failed New Year’s resolution.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” —Mark Twain